Plantronics APU-7 EHS Adapter enables remote Headset Hookswitch Control (HHC) with Plantronics wireless headsets (Plantronics CS50, Plantronics CS55 , Plantronics CS70, Plantronics CS70N , Plantronics CS351, CS351N, CS361, CS361N , 510S, 510SL),and the latest generation Cisco 8961, 9951, 9971 IP phones and Avaya/Nortel 1100 series (1120e, 1140e, 1150e, 1165e) phones. This means that users can answer and end calls up to 300 ft. away from their desks. The seamless integration of handset and headset allows users to benefit from enhanced mobility and the ability to multitask while on a call. The wireless freedom improves work efficiency and ergonomics throughout the day. The Plantronics APU-7 Adapter is a plug-and-play solution that converts from the HHC standard used in Cisco phones – and vice versa. Handset-Headset compatibility
Nortel firmware 3.1 has enabled USB support on Nortel 1120E and USB and Bluetooth support for 1140E and 1150E. The firmware revision needs to be at least rev 0624C6J (1120E), 0625C6J (1140E), 0627C6J (1150E) and up.
- Compatible with Cisco IP 8961, 9951, 9971 models
- Also compatible with Nortel/Avaya IP Phones 1120E, 1140E, 1150E, 1165E
- Supports Plantronics CS50, CS55, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N wireless headsets systems, and Plantronics Voyager 510S Bluetooth headset system
- Enables remote ring alert and call answer/end capability on your Plantronics wireless headset, allowing you to move freely throughout the office without missing a call
- Eliminates the need for Plantronics HL10 handset lifter
- The Cisco server must be running Cisco CallManager System Version 4.1(3)SR5x or higher. This must be verified by your telephone administrator.
- The Cisco phone must be running firmware 8.3(3)x or higher.
Press the settings button on the phone (Checkbox icon). Select “Model information”. The firmware revision is listed under “Load File”
- HHC software functionality must be enabled though Cisco Unified Communication Manager Administration application
Cisco Phone setup
The phone must be set for “Wireless Headset Hook switch Control” = Enabled
Press the settings button on the phone (Checkbox Icon). Select “Device Configuration” >> Select “Media Configuration”
If “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” is “Disabled”, contact your telephone administrator.
note: Do not order this adapter if your phone is not listed