Plantronics APC-4 HHC Adapter enables remote Headset Hookswitch Control (HHC) with Plantronics wireless headsets (Plantronics CS50, Plantronics CS55 , Plantronics CS70, Plantronics CS70N , Plantronics CS351, CS351N, CS361, CS361N , 510S, 510SL),and the latest generation of Cisco Unified IP phones. This means that users can answer and end calls up to 300 ft. away from their desks. The seamless integration of handset and headset allows users to benefit from enhanced mobility and the ability to multitask while on a call. The wireless freedom improves work efficiency and ergonomics througout the day. The Plantronics APC-4 Adapter is a plug-and-play solution that converts from the HHC standard used in Cisco phones – and vice versa. Handset-Headset compatibility
- Compatible with Cisco IP Phone models 7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G, 7975G
- If you have Cisco IP 8961 9951 9971, you need the APU-7 instead
- Supports Plantronics CS50, CS55, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N wireless headsets systems, and Plantronics Voyager 510S Bluetooth headset system
- Enables remote ring alert and call answer/end capability on your Plantronics wireless headset, allowing you to move freely throughout the office without missing a call
- Eliminates the need for Plantronics HL10 handset lifter
- Double Y cord: plug 3.5mm end into port under wireless headset charging base, and the modular end into the "phone" port - on opposite Y end plug smoky color modular end into headset port of Cisco phone; plug the other modular end into auxilliary port of Cisco phone
- HHC software functionality must be enabled though Cisco Unified Communication Manager Administration application
- Once connected, the HHC will send a ringer alert signal to the headset anytime the phone rings, anywhere within a headset's wireless range
- Upon hearing the signal, the headset wearer presses the call control talk button on the headset to answer the call remotely
- To end a call, press the call control button on the headset - the phone will go off and on-hook electronically
- Approximately 4 feet long
Important: Do not order this adapter if your phone is not listed
- The Cisco server must be running Cisco CallManager System Version 4.1(3)SR5x or higher.
- The Cisco phone must be running firmware 8.3(3)x or higher. To locate the firmware version, press the Settings button on the phone (the checkbox icon). Select “Model information”. The firmware revision is listed under “Load File.”
Cisco phone setup
- The phone must be set for “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” = Enabled
- Press the settings button on the phone (Checkbox Icon). Select “Device Configuration” >> Select “Media Configuration”
- If “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” is “Disabled”, contact your telephone administrator.
If Cisco phone is equipped with a Cisco 7914, 7915, 7916 expansion module:
- Plug the expansion module into the telephone AUX connector.
- Connect the APC-4 into the expansion module.
- Use a 40287-05 adapter to extend the APC-4/ APC40/ APC-41 audio input to reach the headset jack on the phone.
For more information see Plantronics APC-4 quick start guide and Cisco IP Phone Compatibility Guide and Cisco IP Phone compatibility and setup guide
Also see our Cisco Phone Hookswitch reference guide