Plantronics APP-5 Polycom Headset Hookswitch Control (HHC) with Plantronics wireless headsets (Plantronics CS50, Plantronics CS55 , Plantronics CS70, Plantronics CS70N , Plantronics CS351, CS351N, CS361, CS361N , 510S, 510SL) transforms your Polycom Unified IP phone experience through remote answer/end and ring alert. It is compatible with the following Polycom IP Phone models: IP 320*, IP 321*, IP 330*, IP 331*, IP 335, IP 430, IP 450, IP 550, IP 560, IP 650, IP 670, VVX500, VVX1500
note: If you have a Plantronics Savi (or CS500 series) wireless headset, you need Plantronics APP-50 instead
Note: Requires SIP application 3.1.0 Rev C or higher and BootROM 4.1.0 or later.
*The 320/321 and 330/331 require a 2.5mm to RJ-9 adapter available from Polycom (part# 2200-11095-002)
It's also compatible with following Digium Phones:
- Supports Plantronics CS50, CS55, CS70N, CS351N, CS361N wireless headsets systems, and Plantronics Voyager 510S Bluetooth headset system
- Enables remote ring alert and call answer/end capability on your Plantronics wireless headset, allowing you to move freely throughout the office without missing a call
- Eliminates the need for Plantronics HL10 handset lifter
- Once connected, the HHC will send a ringer alert signal to the headset anytime the phone rings, anywhere within a headset's wireless range
- Upon hearing the signal, the headset wearer presses the call control talk button on the headset to answer the call remotely
- To end a call, press the call control button on the headset - the phone will go off and on-hook electronically
note: Do not order this adapter if your phone is not listed
For more information see Plantronics APP-5 datasheet, Polycom EHS Guide and Plantronics APP-5 quick start guide
Plantronics APP-5 Installation/Troubleshooting Notes:
Set the headset mode on your phone to "Plantronics Mode" before connecting your Plantronics headset system to your phone. To do so,
- Press Menu.
- Select Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Analog Headset.
- Select Plantronics Mode, and then press Select.
If your caller reports an echo, the phone’s echo cancellation feature can be enabled by:
- Press Menu.
- Select Settings > Basic > Preferences > Headset > Echo Cancellation > Enabled.
Or contact your IT support team to change the phone sig.ctg configuration file as follows:
- voice . aec . hd . enable = 1
- voice . aes . hd . enable = 1