*DISCONTINUED* BY PLANTRONICS. Replaced by the new APC-41
Plantronics Savi APC-40 Electronic Hookswitch (EHS) cable for Cisco IP Phones - communicates electronically with the phone, eliminating the need for the HL10 lifter. Only compatible with these Plantronics Savi models:
Plantronics WO100 Savi Office Wireless Headset
Plantronics WO200 Savi Office Wireless Headset
Plantronics WO300 Savi Office Over-the-Head Wireless Headset
Plantronics WO350 Savi Office Binaural Wireless Headset
It's also compatible with the new CS540, CS510, CS520 wireless headsets.
This cable only works with the following Cisco IP phones:
Cisco 7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G, 7975G
If you have Cisco IP 8961 9951 9971, you need the APU-70 instead
Also See Savi EHS user's guide or Cisco IP Phone compatibility and setup guide and our Cisco Phone Hookswitch reference guide for more detail information
Note: Do not order this part if you don't have these models
- The Cisco server must be running Cisco CallManager System Version 4.1(3)SR5x or higher.
- The Cisco phone must be running firmware 8.3(3)x or higher. To locate the firmware version, press the Settings button on the phone (the checkbox icon). Select “Model information”. The firmware revision is listed under “Load File.”
Cisco phone setup
- The phone must be set for “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” = Enabled
- Press the settings button on the phone (Checkbox Icon). Select “Device Configuration” >> Select “Media Configuration”
- If “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” is “Disabled”, contact your telephone administrator.
If Cisco phone is equipped with a Cisco 7914, 7915, 7916 expansion module:
- Plug the expansion module into the telephone AUX connector.
- Connect the APC-40 into the expansion module.
- Use a 40287-05 adapter to extend the APC-4/ APC40/ APC-41 audio input to reach the headset jack on the phone.