*Discontinued by Plantronics* Replaced by Plantronics APC-42
This is the Plantronics Savi/CS500 series APC-41 (replaces APC-40) Electronic Hookswitch (EHS) cable for Cisco IP Phones - communicates electronically with the phone, eliminating the need for the HL10 lifter. Only compatible with these Plantronics Savi and CS500 models:
Plantronics CS540, CS510, CS520 , Plantronics Savi WO100, Plantronics Savi WO200, Plantronics Savi WO300 Plantronics Savi WO350 , Plantronics Savi W740, Plantronics Savi W710 , Plantronics Savi W720 , Plantronics Savi W730 , Plantronics Savi W745
This cable only works with the following Cisco IP phones:
Cisco 7821, 7841, 7861, 7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G, 7975G, 8961, 9951, 9971
If you have Cisco IP 8961 9951 9971, you need the APU-70 instead
Also See Savi EHS user's guide or Cisco IP Phone compatibility and setup guide and our Cisco Phone Hookswitch reference guide for more detail information
Note: Do not order this part if you don't have these models
Cisco software requirements
- The Cisco server must be running Cisco CallManager System Version 4.1(3)SR5x or higher.
- The Cisco phone must be running firmware 8.3(3)x or higher. To locate the firmware version, press the Settings button on the phone (the checkbox icon). Select “Model information”. The firmware revision is listed under “Load File.”
Cisco phone setup
- The phone must be set for “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” = Enabled
- Press the settings button on the phone (Checkbox Icon). Select “Device Configuration” >> Select “Media Configuration”
- If “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” is “Disabled”, contact your telephone administrator.
Cisco Expansion modules
If Cisco phone is equipped with a Cisco 7914, 7915, 7916 expansion module:
- Plug the expansion module into the telephone AUX connector.
- Connect the APC-41 into the expansion module.
- Use 85638-01 adapter adapter to extend the APC-4/ APC40/ APC-41 audio input to reach the headset jack on the phone. See below: