Plantronics Headset Control Software (PURE)
Q. What is P.U.R.E?
P.U.R.E. stands for Plantronics Unified Runtime Engine. It is the new Plantronics software replacing existing PerSonoCall and PerSono Suite software. Basically, PURE enables two headset features with compatible soft phones:
Remote ring detection.
Remote Call Control (answer/end).
Here are some features:
- Support for industry standard soft-phones and UC voice clients.
- Quickly access links to product support and software/firmware upgrade information
- Configure your headset to answer an incoming call simply by putting the headset on Enhanced call status reporting is available for Microsoft Office Communicator, Lync 2010 and Skype
- Control Panel (optional for the advanced User or IT professional)
- Customize your headset and USB adapter settings to your personal preferences
- Automatically manage your PC multimedia so you never miss a call
Q. What is Headset Remote Call Control?
Remote Call Control is the ability for the end user to hear their softphone ring in their Plantronics Headset and answer the softphone call by pressing the call control button on the device. The user ends the softphone call by pressing the same button. Without Remote Call Control users are forced to use the softphone interface to answer and end the call which can be complicated and varies across UC softphone applications. In addition, if the user is using a wireless solution they can still answer and end the softphone call while away from their PC with a touch of a button on their headset.
Q. Do I need to use Plantronics Software to get Remote Call Control for softphones?
Yes, you will need to install Plantronics Software to get Remote Call Control when using a supported softphone.
Q. How do I get Remote Call Control
It depends on the particular software you’re using:
For Microsoft Office Communicator, Lync 2010 (OC) users, Plantronics has many pre “Optimized for Microsoft Office Communicator” headsets to allow OC users to plug in a Plantronics audio device and provide Remote Call Control with OC.
For IBM Lotus Sametime users Plantronics has a plug-in component for Remote Call Control with the Sametime softphone.
The Plantronics Software Kit can be used to integrate Remote Call Control for just about any softphone on the market. For example, Siemens optiClient and OpenScape have built-in Remote Call Control with Savi Office and Voyager PRO UC.
Also see Plantronics softphone compatibility
Q. What operating systems are the Plantronics software compatible with?
Windows XP – 32bit only, Vista and Windows 7 – 32bit and 64bit. It’s NOT Apple Mac or UNIX operating systems compatible.
Q. What is included with Plantronics Software?
Plantronics Unified Runtime Engine for softphone integration. This is a process that runs on the PC to support Remote Call Control. The runtime engine must be present to provide Remote Call Control with supported softphones. Also included is an Update Manager for automatic software and firmware update notification.Plantronics Control Panel offers the following features:
- Customize settings such as ring tones, range, and mute tones. Settings vary based on audio device.
- Manage PC multimedia when a call comes in. Settings include Pause/Play or Mute/Unmute.
- Provides a list of softphones and multimedia applications enabled and running on active PC.
- Provides link to User Guides, Support and software updates.
- Displays versions of Plantronics Software and firmware currently running.
Q. Where can I download the latest version:
Go here for the latest Plantronics software: http://www.plantronics.com/software