Detail Information on Plantronics Headset Warranty, Repairs and Service
What does Plantronics warranty covers
Plantronics warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship of Plantronics products manufactured, sold or certified by Plantronics which were purchased, and used, in the United States or Canada
How to get Plantronics warranty service
You may return the amplifier or base unit for warranty service without returning the entire product. You must return other Products as a complete unit. You will be responsible for shipping charges, insurance, and other transportation-related expenses incurred in returning Products to Plantronics. For warranty service, you will need to return the Product, freight pre-paid, to Plantronics at the address below:
Plantronics Service Center Attn: Quick Web Service
6935 Camino Maquiladora, Suite G
San Diego, CA 92154
Phone: (800) 544-4660 (toll free)
Plantronics Service Center Attention: Quick Web Service
151 Hymus Pointe Clair
Quebec H9R 1E9
Phone: (888) 394-4493 (toll free)
You must include the following information with the returned Products: (1) bill-to address; (2) ship-to address; (3) copy of your receipt, bill of sale or other comparable proof of purchase, or purchase order number; (4) number and description of units shipped; (5) your name and telephone number; (6) a detailed description of the problem. If you return out-of-warranty Products or Products under warranty that are determined not to conform to this warranty, you will be responsible for all return-shipping and other transportation-related expenses. If additional information is needed, please contact us at the telephone number listed above.
How long the warranty lasts
The duration of the warranty depends on the type of Plantronics product:
Commercial Products (Plantronics Call Center Headsets):
- are warranted for two (2) years from the date of purchase of the Products;
- are products specially designed for Call Center usage and office usage (i.e. H-Series Headsets - 'HW251, H141, H171"; Polaris Headsets - 'PW251, P141, P171; Amplifiers - 'M22, MX10, and other connectors 'P10, etc.)..
- are warranted for One (1) year from the date of purchase of the Products;
- include Plantronics Computer Headsets (i.e. Audio series and DSP series), Cell Phone Headsets (M-Series - M250, MX500, Backbeat 'Bluetooth' headsets), Wireless Headsets (i.e. CS540, CT14, CS50), Headset Telephones (i.e. T10, S12, etc.), and most special application headsets
Who is covered
Plantronics warranty extends to you only if you are the end user with the original purchase receipt.
What Plantronics do to correct warranty problems
Plantronics will, at their option, repair or replace the Products that do not conform to the warranty. Plantronics may use functionally equivalent reconditioned/refurbished/remanufactured/pre-owned or new Products or parts.
What Plantronics warranty does NOT cover
- Defects caused by (a) accident, fire, misuse, neglect, unusual physical or electrical stress, or modification; (b) improper or unauthorized installation, wiring, repair, or testing; or (c) any other cause beyond normal usage.
- Products that are operated in combination with ancillary or peripheral equipment or software not furnished or otherwise certified by Plantronics for use with the Products ("ancillary equipment"), or any damage to the Products or ancillary equipment as a result of such use. Among other things, "ancillary equipment" includes batteries, chargers, adapters, telephone headset, connector cable, and power supplies not manufactured or supplied by Plantronics. Any of these voids the warranty.
- Someone other than Plantronics (or its authorized service centers) tests, adjusts, installs, maintains, alters, modifies or services the Products in any way. Any of these voids the warranty.
- Products that have: (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated; (b) board serial numbers that do not match each other, or board serial numbers that do not match the housing; or (c) nonconforming or non-Plantronics housings or parts. Any of these voids the warranty.
- Consumable spares and accessories (unless they are found to be non-functional or broken upon purchase of product), such as:
- Cases and case parts
- Modular Plugs
- Voice Tubes
- Decorative Finishes
- Eartips, Ear tip Kits, Ear Cushions, Ear Loops and Ear Buds
Out of Warranty Repairs. Flat-rate repair rates apply to Products not covered by this warranty. To obtain information about Products needing repairs that are not covered by this warranty, please call the telephone number previously listed. Plantronics will provide information on repair availability, rates, methods of payment, where to send the Products, etc.
To see the whole line of Wireless Headsets or Plantronics Headsets visit www.HeadsetPlus.com