Detail Information on Plantronics (now Poly) Warranty, Repairs and Service
What does Plantronics warranty covers
Plantronics warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship of Plantronics products manufactured, sold or certified by Plantronics which were purchased, and used, in the United States or Canada. It’s one, two and sometimes three years, depending on the product.
How to get Plantronics warranty service
You may return the amplifier or base unit for warranty service without returning the entire product. You must return other Products as a complete unit. You will be responsible for shipping charges, insurance, and other transportation-related expenses incurred in returning Products to Plantronics. For warranty service, you will need to return the Product, freight prepaid, call Plantronics warranty/support number and link:
You must include the following information with the returned Products: (1) bill-to address; (2) ship-to address; (3) copy of your receipt, bill of sale or other comparable proof of purchase, or purchase order number; (4) number and description of units shipped; (5) your name and telephone number; (6) a detailed description of the problem. If you return out-of-warranty Products or Products under warranty that are determined not to conform to this warranty, you will be responsible for all return-shipping and other transportation-related expenses. If additional information is needed, please contact us at the telephone number listed above.
How long the warranty lasts
The duration of the warranty depends on the type of Plantronics product:
Business Products (Plantronics H-series Headsets): are warranted for two (2) years from the date of purchase of the Products;
are products specially designed for Call Center usage and office usage (i.e. H-Series Headsets – ‘HW510, HW520, HW710, HW720″; Amplifiers – ‘M22″, and other connectors ‘A10, HIS, HIC cables, etc.)..
are warranted for One (1) year from the date of purchase of the Products;
include Plantronics Computer Headsets (i.e. USB Headset, Bluetooth headsets), Wireless Office Headsets (i.e. CS540, CS510, Savi 700, Savi 8200), Headset Telephones (i.e. T110, S12, CT14, etc.), and most special application headsets
Who is covered
Plantronics warranty extends to you only if you are the end user with the original purchase receipt.
What Plantronics do to correct warranty problems
Plantronics will, at their option, repair or replace the Products that do not conform to the warranty. Plantronics may use functionally equivalent reconditioned/refurbished/re manufactured/pre-owned or new Products or parts.
What Plantronics warranty does NOT cover
- Defects caused by (a) accident, fire, misuse, neglect, unusual physical or electrical stress, or modification; (b) improper or unauthorized installation, wiring, repair, or testing; or (c) any other cause beyond normal usage.
- Products that are operated in combination with ancillary or peripheral equipment or software not furnished or otherwise certified by Plantronics for use with the Products (“ancillary equipment”), or any damage to the Products or ancillary equipment as a result of such use. Among other things, “ancillary equipment” includes batteries, chargers, adapters, telephone headset, connector cable, and power supplies not manufactured or supplied by Plantronics. Any of these voids the warranty.
- Someone other than Plantronics (or its authorized service centers) tests, adjusts, installs, maintains, alters, modifies or services the Products in any way. Any of these voids the warranty.
- Products that have: (a) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated; (b) board serial numbers that do not match each other, or board serial numbers that do not match the housing; or (c) nonconforming or non-Plantronics housings or parts. Any of these voids the warranty.
- Consumable spares and accessories (unless they are found to be non-functional or broken upon purchase of product), such as:
- Cases and case parts
- Modular Plugs
- Voice Tubes
- Decorative Finishes
- Eartips, Ear tip Kits, Ear Cushions, Ear Loops and Ear Buds
Out of Warranty Repairs. Flat-rate repair rates apply to Products not covered by this warranty. To obtain information about Products needing repairs that are not covered by this warranty, please call the telephone number previously listed. Plantronics will provide information on repair availability, rates, methods of payment, where to send the Products, etc.