Plantronics and GN/Jabra Wireless Headset Cisco IP Phone Compatibility Guide
Cisco IP Phone (models 7931G, 7940, 7940G, 7941, 7941G, 7942G, 7945, 7945G, 7960, 7960G, 7961, 7961G, 7965G, 7970, 7970G, 7971G, 7975G, 7985G, (8941, 8945, 8961, 9951, 9971) Compatible Plantronics & Jabra Wireless Headset Systems:
(To see the complete list of compatible Cisco headsets go here)
Wireless headsets are design to be installed into the "handset" (not the headset port) of your Cisco IP phone. It does not work properly if you plug it into the headset jack. The headset jack is design for regular "corded" headsets. Please also see our Direct connect Cisco headset page to see some other recommended wireless headsets.
Plantronics Cisco Compatible Wireless Headsets: The following Plantronics wireless models are compatible:
If you wish to have remote answering, you will need a Plantronics HL10 Lifter.
If you have a newer Cisco IP Phone models 7975G, 7965G, 7945G, 7962G, and 7942G, you can use Plantronics APC-4 Headset Hook Switch Adapter or Plantronics APC-41 Savi/CS500 EHS Cable Cisco IP Phones as an alternative for remote answering, eliminating the need for a HL10 lifter. Also see our Cisco Phone Hookswitch reference guide.
If NOT using the HL10 handset Lifter or Hook Switch, you can use the headset button to answer the phone:
1. Install the headset remote base unit into the “headset port” on the Cisco phone. Do not unplug the phones handset.
2. Switch the compatibility dial on the left side of the base unit to position 4 and the Tx switch to position “A”.
3. Switch the “Intellistand” setting on the right side of the remote base unit to the down position. (The “=” sign)
4. Answer/End calls by lifting the headset out of the base and press the headset button on the phone.
GN Netcom/Jabra Cisco Compatible Wireless Headsets*: These wireless headsets are design to be installed into the "handset" port of your Cisco phone, even if you have a built-in headset port.
* GN Netcom 1000 RHL lifter is recommend if you need remote answering capabilities. If you have Cisco IP Phone models: 7942G, 7945G, 7962G, 7965G and 7975G, you can use the GN Netcom/Jabra HHC Headset Hook Switch Adapter**.
Also see our Cisco Phone Hookswitch reference guide.
**Phone setup The phone must be set for “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” = Enabled Press the settings button on the phone (Checkbox Icon). Select “Device Configuration” >> Select “Media Configuration”If “Wireless Headset Hookswitch Control” is “Disabled”, contact your telephone administrator.
Do you have an echo problem with your Cisco IP phone using Plantronics wireless headset? The echo problem can be fixed by toggling the Handset/Headset monitor variable in Cisco Call Manager for this phone to ‘Disabled’. This will only route the call to the headset when the headset is used.
Expansion Modules If the phone is equipped with a model 7914 expansion module: The Expansion module will be plugged into the telephone AUX connector Connect the APC-4 / APC-40 control connection into the expansion module Use a 40287-05 adapter to extend the APC-4/APC40 audio input to reach the headset jack on the phone The 40287-05 adapter is available for free from Plantronics
For more detail information see Cisco Headset Installation Guide.