Plantronics Polaris headsets are ONLY for telephones that support non-amplified headsets. Plantronics Polaris (P-series) models are only compatible with phone systems that are “headset ready” (usually marked with a headset symbol) and modular jack . Such telephone systems contain a built-in amplifier. An external Plantronics amplifier (such as Plantronics M22) is NOT required. All Plantronics P-series Polaris headsets include the bottom cable to plug directly into your phone without an amplifier.
The Polaris (“P” Series) line of headsets look the same as standard Plantronics H-series headset but they are wired differently because they are un-amplified and do not require an amplifier. The Polaris headsets also come with a Quick Disconnect to modular plug cable (also wired different than standard).
Plantronics Polaris headsets have no volume controls. To adjust volume while using a Plantronics Polaris headsets, you would need to use the volume control on the telephone itself. Most phones have no Microphone (transmit) volume, but may have one for the speaker (receive) incoming volume.
The Polaris version plugs into the “Headset” port rather than through the “Handset” port. Plantronics Polaris headsets will only work with a few telephones on the market.
Below is a sample list of telephones which are known to be Plantronics Polaris Headset compatible:
- Northern Telecom Nortel: Meridian SL1 models M3903, M3904, M3905; Meridian Norstar models M7310, M7208, M7308, M7316, T7316, M7324, M7900, NT8B20, NT8B30, NT8B40, NT8B50; SL100 model NTZK23AA, AB: (M2216):ACDI
- NEC: Electra Elite Dterm Series E models DTU-8, DTU-8D, DTU-16, DTU-16D, DTU-32, DTU-32D, DTP-8, DTP-8D, DTP-16, DTP-16D, DTP-32, DTP-32D; Dterm Series i; Aspire
- Mitel: SuperSet 4000 Series models 4015, 4025, 4125, 4150; IP Phone: models 5020, 5020i, 5140, 5220
- Aastra: 480e, 480i, 53i, 55i, 57i, 57iCT, 6753i, 6755i, 6757i, 9112i, 9133i, 9143i, 9480i (some Aastra phones may have a “Packet8” label)
- Siemens: Optiset E (CA or HA Option Module)
- Polycom: See Polycom IP direct connect solution page.
- GE: Model 2-9451
- 3Com: Model 3102
- Toshiba: DKT 3001, 3010S, 3020S, 3020SD, 3014SDL, Strata CIX, DP5022-SD, DP5023-SD, DP5018-S, DP5000-series (note: If you DKT3000 phones above you can use Polaris headsets below ONLY IF you have the Toshiba “BHEU ADAPTER” (sold by Toshiba)
- inter-Tel: 8520, 8560, 8600, 8620, 8660, 8662, 8690
- Iwatsu: IX 12KTD-3 and IX 24KTD-3
- Uniden: 420 and 450
- Packet8 6753i, 6755i, 6757i
- ESI 48-Key IP Phone, 48-Key Digital Phone
There may be newer models not listed here. Please call our toll free number 877-999-3838 and agent can help you confirm if you have a “Polaris” compatible headset telephone. Also see our Plantronics Direct Connect Compatibility Chart